Help reduce the phenomenon of children and families living on the street in Bamako and the surrounding region.
There are multiple, unconnected causes of the phenomenon of children and their families living on the streets in Mali; these causes are usually economic, social and cultural. There is a noticeable inclination towards disintegration of the family unit and the bonds of solidarity, erosion of the authority of the head of the family, or, in some cases, relinquishment by parents of their role as educators. Many women, without regular work, often illiterate and untrained; mothers preferring to beg, or leaving their children to fend for themselves in order to look for work. These are perhaps a few of the reasons that create the downward spiral that leads a child to live on the street. This is why Secours Enfants Familles want to prevent this phenomenon by specialising in the support and help with parenting for families living on the street.
- Support for parents in their role as educators
- Improve socio-professional reintegration of at-risk parents
- 200 at-risk families
- 120 children living on the street between 0 and 12 years of age
Secours Enfants Familles is an organisation specialising in support and assistance with parenting for families living on the street. It’s an innovative approach in Mali that ASEF wants to implement through its qualified members.
- Set up street forays to meet families
- Produce a survey and studies on family difficulties
- Set up a reception centre to allow educational exchanges between parents and leaders
- Organise downtime periods promoting educational re-engagement of parents
- Develop literacy sessions for mothers
- Guide women towards training centres or artisans
- 200 families contacted in the streets or referred by local authorities
- These families benefit from support and assistance with parenting on an educational level, through registration of 120 children enrolled in day nurseries or schools and educational activities
- 50 families receive social and economic support and assistance
Tel: +33 (0)1 44 14 72 68
|Support for vulnerable families||€ 93,918|
|Support, monitoring, evaluation||€ 9,400|
|Administrative costs||€ 7,232|
|TOTAL||€ 110,550 |
|Secours Enfants Familles||€ 20,000|
|Apprentis d'Auteuil Switzerland||€ 20,000|
|Funding sought||€ 70,550|